*Shannon Airport. 

The US Green Card holder who allegedly presented a false passport at immigration at Shannon Airport last month in order for a 13 year boy to gain entry to the US has obtained High Court bail.

At Ennis District Court on Monday, accused man, Sergiu Cristian Lingurar (25) of 6808 Freshpond, Ridgewood, New York appeared in court on bail after obtaining High Court bail.

Mr Lingurar has spent time on remand in custody after he was refused bail at Ennis District Court on July 25th.

In that court, objecting to bail for the accused, Insp Paul Slattery said that the State allege that Mr Lingurar presented at the Customs and Border Protection (CBP) at Shannon Airport on July 24th with a minor and was in possession of a false passport relating to that child.

Insp Slattery said that the accused man – who is not a relation of the boy – represented a flight risk as he has no connections here and no reason to stay in Ireland.

Sgt Frank O’Grady said that Romanian national, Mr Lingurar arrived into Dublin Airport on Sunday, July 23rd from the US and travelled to Shannon Airport with the child with the intention of bringing the child to the US on July 24th.

Sgt O’Grady said that the teenage boy has been taken into care. Sgt O’Grady said that the case against Mr Lingurar of presenting a false instrument with the intention of inducing another to accept it as genuine contrary to section 29 of the Criminal Justice (Theft and Fraud Offences) Act 2001 carries a prison term up to 10 years on indictment in the circuit court.

In court on Monday, appearing as agent for Dublin solicitor, John Quinn for Mr Lingurar, solicitor, Monica Roche said that Mr Lingurar is in court and has obtained High Court bail.

Sgt Louis Moloney said that the directions are awaited in the case before the court and the case can be adjourned to November 15th.

Sgt Moloney said that Mr Linguar has obtained bail since his last appearance in the District Court on August 8th.

Solicitor, John Casey for the accused told the court in July that Mr Lingurar was accompanying the teenager back to the US as a favour to a friend of his father who he only knows by nickname.

Mr Casey said his instructions are that Mr Lingurar was not going to be paid for accompanying the 13 year old apart from his expenses.

Mr Casey said that Mr Lingurar is a father of two young children in the US and works in construction/removals and has been living in the US for a number of years.

Judge Mary Cashin remanded Mr Lingurar on continuing bail to reappear at Ennis District Court on November 15th.

Related News

aidan hehir sam o'neill franky giuduci 1
CBS Primary Ennis students win Intel Mini Scientist competition
Additional Aer Lingus Shannon to Paris flight announced-2
Aer Lingus to run extra weekly flight from Shannon to Paris
11022026_Smithstown_Light_Engineering_0136
Smithstown Light Engineering help Coláiste team to ignite for F1 in schools
blake's corner bob singer
Threefold increase in roads funding for Co Clare
Latest News
blake's corner bob singer
Threefold increase in roads funding for Co Clare
25
'This is harder than Hyrox' - Kilmaley back on the hunt for The Toughest Tribe
clare v fermanagh 15-02-26 dermot coughlan brian mcnamara 1
Coughlan hopeful Clare will kick on after picking up first league win
TMP_8382 padraic hayes
Clare Leader Forum pushing for once-off emergency cost of disability payment
newmarket celtic vs avenue utd 30-11-25 eoghan thynne 1
Thynne is on Avenue's side in Shannon Town late show, Tulla thump Fair Green & Kilrush move on in Clare Cup
Premium
Warring Clare couple living in same home but only communicating via email
Supreme Court appeal prompts judge to adjourn trial of Pro-Palestinian activists at Shannon Airport
GALLERY: Banner bask in Junior glory
Clare footballers leap into gear with six point win over Fermanagh
Avenue, Bridge, Dons & Tulla progress to last 16 of Clare Cup

Subscribe for just €3 per month

If you’re here, you care about County Clare. So do we. Did you rely on us for Covid-19 updates, follow our election coverage, or visit The Clare Echo every week for breaking news and sport? The Clare Echo invests in local journalism and we want to safeguard its future in our county. By becoming a subscriber you are supporting what we do, will receive access to all our premium articles and a better experience, while helping us improve our offering to you. Subscribe to clareecho.ie and get the first six months for just €3 a month (less than 75c per week), and thereafter €8 per month. Cancel anytime, limited time offer. T&Cs Apply. www.clareecho.ie.