*John Conlon takes on Tom Morrissey. Photograph: Gerard O’Neill

BRIAN LOHAN’s Clare senior hurlers will face Limerick in the Munster final.

All-Ireland champions Limerick defeated Cork in front of a packed TUS Gaelic Grounds on a glorious May’s summer evening to seal their place in the provincial decider for the fifth year in a row.

Set for a 2pm throw-in on June 11th, a venue for the Munster final has yet to be confirmed. Clare and Limerick do not have a home and away arrangement for finals in place meaning FBD Semple Stadium is seen as the most likely venue for the decider.

It will be the second year in a row that the neighbouring counties meet in the Munster Final, they memorably served up an epic on June 5th last year with the John Kiely managed Limerick emerging victorious following extra time on a score 1-29 0-29 in Thurles.

Clare are the only team to have beaten Limerick in championship since 2019 following their memorable clash in the round-robin series on April 29th.

Having had a bye in the final round of the provincial championship, Clare’s hurlers trained on Sunday morning while the remaining counties did battle for the coveted place in the final.

During their win, Limerick’s captain Declan Hannon went off injured while former Hurler of the Year, Cian Lynch did not start the tie having sustained an injury in training during the week.

Managed by Sixmilebridge’s Davy Fitzgerald, Waterford caused a big shock in Thurles to deny Liam Cahill’s Tipperary a place in the Munster final. The Premier County were fortunate that Limerick prevailed to ensure they advance to the All-Ireland series.

Related News

cathal crowe jim o'callaghan joe cooney 1
Clare will get more Gardaí & Justice Minister open to reviewing merged policing model with Tipperary
shannon airport asu may 26-2
Eight recruits appointed to Shannon Airport's search unit
joe cooney jennifer carroll macneill 1
Chances of new acute hospital in Clare are very slim
ennis courthouse tent 24-02-21 4
Man accused of €2m drug bust in Kilmihil tells court he was told consignment was 'car parts'
Latest News
cathal crowe jim o'callaghan joe cooney 1
Clare will get more Gardaí & Justice Minister open to reviewing merged policing model with Tipperary
newmarket celtic vs bridge utd 15-05-26 jack kelly conor mcdaid david mccarthy 1
Newmarket Celtic recapture crown as Premier Division champions
clare vs waterford 19-04-26 rg tony griffin 1
Tony Griffin goes 'full circle' with return to Clare hurling fold
clare vs dublin 05-04-26 ian galvin 4
Changes expected to Clare team for Tipp tie
shannon airport asu may 26-2
Eight recruits appointed to Shannon Airport's search unit
Premium
Changes expected to Clare team for Tipp tie
Man accused of €2m drug bust in Kilmihil tells court he was told consignment was 'car parts'
Clare businessman applies to demolish €1m Lahinch home and build one double in size
'We dug deep but our pockets weren't deep enough' - Hayes reflects on Clare's Munster minor exit
Magic in Limerick as Clare U20s crowned Munster champions after nail-biting shootout

Annual Subscription!

The Clare Echo annual subscription for just €69.99 a year. 

Prefer to pay monthly? Click the monthly option and get the first six months for just €3 a month (less than 75c per week), and thereafter €8 per month. 

Cancel anytime, limited time offer. T&Cs Apply. www.clareecho.ie.