*Niamh O’Dea. Photograph: Gerard O’Neill

CLARE’S SENIOR camogie side welcome Cork to Ennis this weekend and their chances of progressing to the knockout stages lay firmly in their own hands.

With one win and one loss from two outings, John Carmody’s charges are in need of a second victory to advance to the quarter-finals.

Losing to Galway on a margin of 1-13 0-13 has given hope to the Clare camp that they are more than capable of matching Cork with the fact that it took extra time to separate the sides in last year’s Munster Final further evidence of the fine lines between the teams.

3pm is the throw-in time this Saturday in Cusack Park with the Clare side unlikely to show major chances from the starting fifteen which have been fielded in their encounters with Down and Galway.

Carmody is adamant there is very little between Clare and Cork. “Hopefully when Cork come with everything on the line we can get this crowd again. It’s a winner take all clash now against Cork and we need to look them in the eye and bring a performance. Galway beat Cork by three and beat us by three so there’s nothing between us”.

He added, “The last few years we’ve had to go to Cork so let’s welcome them to Ennis and have a right cut off them. There’s nothing to fear. We have nothing to lose and everything to gain. It would be massive progress if we can make it to the knockout stages”.

Within the Cork camp, much of the focus has been dominated by it being the second fixture clash within a fortnight experienced by their dual players.

The Cork senior camogie squad and the Cork senior ladies football squad have come together to issue a joint-statement regarding yet another fixture clash. Libby Coppinger, Hannah Looney, Orlaith Cahalane and Aoife Healy are part of the camogie and ladies football panels with the Rebelettes but with the camogie game on in Ennis at 3pm and the ladies footballers playing Tipperary in Clonakilty at 2pm they will be forced to pick a code, yet again.

Related News

TMP_8382 padraic hayes
Clare Leader Forum pushing for once-off emergency cost of disability payment
shannon airport terminal upgrade 1-2
Construction starts on €15m upgrade of arrivals area in Shannon Airport
Photograph by Eamon Ward
Dooley says Ireland should fulfill fixtures against Israel & backs call for game to be held in Dublin
donna mcgettigan 1
AI sexualised images must be criminalised immediately says Clare TD Donna
Latest News
shannon airport terminal upgrade 1-2
Construction starts on €15m upgrade of arrivals area in Shannon Airport
Photograph by Eamon Ward
Dooley says Ireland should fulfill fixtures against Israel & backs call for game to be held in Dublin
clare v fermanagh 15-02-26 stephen ryan 2
Clare footballers release four weeks of tension by collecting first league win
donna mcgettigan 1
AI sexualised images must be criminalised immediately says Clare TD Donna
computer keyboard type 1
Warring Clare couple living in same home but only communicating via email
Premium
GALLERY: Banner bask in Junior glory
Clare footballers leap into gear with six point win over Fermanagh
Avenue, Bridge, Dons & Tulla progress to last 16 of Clare Cup
GALLERY: O'Callaghans Mills celebrate promotion to top tier at victory social
McNamara rescues a draw for Clare in capital league opener

Subscribe for just €3 per month

If you’re here, you care about County Clare. So do we. Did you rely on us for Covid-19 updates, follow our election coverage, or visit The Clare Echo every week for breaking news and sport? The Clare Echo invests in local journalism and we want to safeguard its future in our county. By becoming a subscriber you are supporting what we do, will receive access to all our premium articles and a better experience, while helping us improve our offering to you. Subscribe to clareecho.ie and get the first six months for just €3 a month (less than 75c per week), and thereafter €8 per month. Cancel anytime, limited time offer. T&Cs Apply. www.clareecho.ie.